Katherine West, BSN, MSEd: Nationally recognized infection control authority in the fire/EMS field; pioneered infection control for emergency responders in 1978 and active in these issues full-time since then as an educator, author, consultant, and subject-matter expert; her book "Infection Control Handbook for Emergency Care Personnel" is in its 3rd Edition and she is widely published in fire/EMS journals.
- Michael D. Berg, BS, NRP: Manager, Regulation and Compliance, Office of Emergency Medical Services, Virginia Department of Health; former regional council director; Active provider, educator and instructor in EMS; participant in mandating training for all DICOs for Virginia EMS agencies.
- Steve Isaacson, EMT-P: 1979 Paramedic graduate of Hennepin County Medical Center’s paramedic program in Minneapolis, MN, today Steve serves as the Division Chief of EMS at Kootenai County Fire and Rescue in Coeur d’Alene, ID. Steve has a passion for infection control training and specifically the forging of relationships between EMS and hospital based IC practitioners. Steve retired from Overland Park Kansas Fire with over 20 years of Infection Control experience and is enjoying the Pacific Northwest in this new dynamic opportunity.
- Mike McEvoy, PhD, RN, CCRN, NRP: EMS Coordinator - Saratoga County, New York and nurse clinician, cardiac surgical ICUs and resuscitation committee chair, Albany Medical Center; EMS Editor for Fire Engineering Magazine; EMS Section Board member - International Association of Fire Chiefs; nationally recognized speaker and widely published in nursing, fire, EMS, and law enforcement journals.
- James Augustine, MD, FACEP: Director of Clinical Operations, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Canton, Ohio; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio; Fellow, American College of Emergency Physicians; Fire/EMS medical director; nationally recognized speaker.
- John Sinclair, EMT-P: Fire Chief, Kittitas County, WA Fire District 2; Fire Chief/EMS Manager, City of Ellensburg, WA; President, International Association of Fire Chiefs EMS Section; Board of Directors, Washington Association of Fire Chiefs; recognized expert in fire/EMS systems and operational issues.
- Kathy Robinson, RN, EMT-P: Program Manager, National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO); principal investigator for NASEMSO’s flu pandemic project; Program Staff, NASEMSO Education and Professional Standards Council; Associate Director, American Trauma Society; Past President, Emergency Nurses Association; nationally recognized author and speaker.
- Keith Buhs, RN, BSN, MPA: State/Federal Medical Facilities Licensing Surveyor, Arizona Department of Health Services, Past EMS Section Chief, Illinois Department of Public Health, Retired Lieutenant / Infection Control Officer, Orland Fire Protection District, IL; Infection Preventionist, Ingalls Healthcare System, Illinois; Health and Safety Officer Instructor, Illinois Society of Fire Service Instructors; Medical Specialist, Illinois Task Force 1, Urban Search & Rescue.
- Brian Stennett, MPH, EMTP: Currently works for the Village of Palatine Fire Department (Palatine, IL) as a Firefighter, Paramedic, Infection Control Officer, and Fire Investigator. He is a member of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians and the International Association of Arson Investigators. Areas of expertise: Public Health and Epidemiology, Emerging and Endemic Infectious Diseases, Emergency Medical and Trauma Care in the Pre-Hospital Setting, EMT/Paramedic Training and Education, Infection Control and Occupational Biohazard Exposure Management, Emergency Medical Care At large Scale/Mass Gathering Events, and Policy Writing and Enforcement.